Andrew’s most notable work includes a number of reported cases in the High Court relating to construction law (particularly, enforcement of adjudicator’s awards), successfully negotiating settlement of significant claims on favourable terms for the client and improving contractual terms and conditions for clients.
Andrew’s key services include:
- Pursuing or defending claims in the Technology and Construction Court.
- Pursuing or defending claims by way of adjudication.
- Enforcing adjudicator’s awards.
- Resolving disputes through mediation or other forms of negotiation.
- Advising on one off issues arising during a construction project.
- Drafting and advising on amendments to all major standard forms of construction contracts including JCT, ICE and NEC.
- Drafting and advising on appointment documents for professionals.
- Dealing with claims in construction insolvency situations.
- Advising on realisation of assets prior to or after the insolvent event.
Andrew supports Birmingham City FC and enjoys watching all forms of sport including cricket, rugby, golf and tennis. His four children take up a lot of his out of work time. Otherwise, Andrew enjoys watching films or going to the theatre.