Else’s business solicitors in Burton on Trent are experts at managing mergers and acquisitions.
The term ‘mergers and acquisitions’ covers the buying, selling, dividing and combining of different companies, businesses and other types of organisations.
A merger usually sees two companies combined into one entity, whereas an acquisition is the takeover of one company by another.
Acquisitions will typically fall into two broad structures:
- Asset Sales or Purchases – where only the assets such as property, goodwill and the equipment of a company are sold or bought.
- Share Sales or Purchases – where the shares of a company are bought or sold.
How we can help
Our business solicitors specialise in advising buyers and sellers on which type of structure to adopt.
We convey all the advantages and disadvantages of every option available to our client so they can make informed decisions.
Our team will guide you through each step of the process of an acquisition or disposal of a company or business.
The key to any transaction is the information gathering stage of the process. We will provide practical guidance of the relevant risks and liabilities a buyer may take on following an acquisition. And, we will support a seller in their responses to enquiries of a buyer during the process.
At Else we assist buyers or sellers through the drafting and negotiation of a relevant sale and purchase agreement.
We seek protections for a buyer or a seller in respect of the business, assets, or shares to be transferred, including:
- Restrictions on the seller competing with the business/company after completion.
- Limiting the liability of the seller moving forward.
- Ensuring appropriate promises are in an agreement to give the buyer comfort and assurances that they are buying what they think they are buying.
Else’s business solicitors provide seamless cross-departmental legal expertise to ultimately achieve smooth company mergers and acquisitions.
To find out more about company mergers and acquisitions, please contact our expert business solicitors in Burton on Trent, on 01283 526200. Alternatively, you can send us a message and we will get in touch at a time that suits you.