Commercial Property Paralegal
To provide support and assistance to the Commercial Property Department. You will work alongside solicitors but also have responsibility for your own files and be in regular contact with clients.
Key Tasks (not an exhaustive list)
Undertake fee-earning work, in particular:
- Drafting reports on title and leases, under fee earner supervision
- Working from precedents to draft sale contracts, transfer deeds, charges, leases, notices, licences and assignments under fee earner supervision
- Assisting fee earners with due diligence, including preparing contract packs and corresponding with sellers’ and borrowers’ solicitors to obtain and provide replies to enquiries
- Overseeing auction and probate sales from inception to completion with limited fee earner supervision
- Handling completion of sales, purchases and leases as directed by fee earners
- Dealing with post-completion formalities including Land Registry and Companies House registrations (and replies to requisitions) and submitting SDLT returns to HMRC
- Speaking and meeting with clients to take instructions and provide updates
- General assistance to fee earners and administrative tasks where required
You will be responsible to the Head of Department and Partners.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Effective communicator
- Excellent IT and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload with minimal supervision
- Team player
- Ideally a knowledge of property law and HM Land Registry procedure
Based in Burton upon Trent but you may have to on occasion travel to meet clients across the UK.
How to apply
Send a copy of your CV to our Practice Manager, Tracey Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org