Commercial Property Solicitor
Handling a varied caseload of commercial property work and helping grow the department in line with the firm’s business plan.
Not an exhaustive list:
- Acting for landlords and tenants in connection with new leases, lease renewals, assignments, breaks and surrenders
- Overseeing sales, acquisitions and mortgages of a variety of commercial properties
- Acting for a variety of clients, including developers, investors, SMEs, pension funds and charities
- Drafting and advising on a range of agreements relating to commercial property, including Option Agreements, various planning agreements, Deeds of Easement, etc.
- Handling all necessary applications to HM Land Registry
- Providing general property advice (including on leases, Stamp Duty Land Tax, title queries, easements and boundaries)
- Assisting the Dispute Resolution and Wills and Probate departments with commercial property queries
- Working alongside external Corporate and Commercial consultants in connection with business sales and purchases and connected property transactions
- Participation in marketing and networking activities
- Supervision and management of paralegals, trainee solicitors and secretarial support staff
- Financial control responsibilities, including working with the commercial property team to meet monthly billing targets
You will be responsible to the Head of Commercial Property and be reported to by Paralegal/Secretary.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Admission to the Solicitors’ Roll with 2 years+ PQE
- Established knowledge of the law and procedure relating to commercial property work (some experience of residential property work an advantage)
- Able to handle a broad and varied case load and prioritise competing demands accordingly
- Supervisory and mentoring skills
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Effective networking and marketing skills
Based in Burton upon Trent but you may have to on occasion travel to meet clients across the UK.
How to apply
Send a copy of your CV to our Practice Manager, Tracey Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org