Credit Control: Why Else?
Else Solicitors will:
- Reduce your number of late payers along with the problems and concerns they cause
- Minimise your bad debt and the worry it inevitably produces
- Eliminate any wriggle room from your Terms and Conditions so you can relax when doing business
- Develop a custom-tailored credit control and debt collection strategy for your business. This end-to-end process with all its components (e.g. the content of debt collection letters) is tailored to your business
- Chase up all your outstanding debts up to 6 years after their last acknowledgement including tracing your debtors
- Convert “won’t pay” people and companies into payers through our debt collection letters and by negotiating payment terms or taking legal action when needed.
- Trace your debtors if needed
- Negotiate payment terms with them should this be necessary
- Help you put the right processes in place.
You can relax knowing that we have:
- Experience in credit management
- Have helped a range of companies (from small businesses to high street brands) to get their Terms and Conditions and credit control policy and procedures right
- Performed credit control and debt collection for thousands of businesses
- One of the highest debt recovery rates in the industry
- Flexible approach to fees based upon making the debtor pay and a “no collection- no charge” policy option if required
- An enviable reputation for always going the extra mile and offering a personal, jargon free service.
Many companies we speak to are:
- Frustrated by an increasing number of late payments from consumers or commercial clients
- Concerned about their exposure to bad debts, especially following the Brexit vote
- Looking to minimise future late payments and bad debts.
You might not have these concerns but if you do then you are far from alone. Let us ask you:
- Would you like to collect your late and old debts with no hassle and even at no cost for most commercial debts?
- Do you want to send out a powerful message that late payments won’t be tolerated while still maintaining your business relationships?
- Would you prefer your finance team to be doing something more productive than ineffectively chasing up old debts?
What We Do Best
Prevention is better than cure especially with late and bad debts. It might be impossible to avoid these completely but you can greatly minimise your risk of late payment and your exposure to bad debt.
This is done by having and following a rigorous credit control process and ensuring that you have good, clear set of Terms and Conditions in place.
But when your payment is late, most companies go through the process of sending statements, reminders and final reminders. If they still haven’t been paid, then they might follow up with some phone calls and possibly a few letters threatening legal action and that’s usually where it ends, especially if you can no longer trace the company or the individual.
If your accounts team hadn’t been able to collect the payment by this point, then why would they be able to do so from similar companies or individuals in the future?
You need a seasoned credit control team on your side. The easiest solution to this situation is to have Else manage your credit control and let you and your finance team get on with growing your business.
By using our credit control offering, we will follow up your debtors with a debt collection letter the day after your invoice is due and move the process forward from there. It is this type of control which will get you paid on time.