Dispute Resolution Solicitor
We are entering an exciting phase of expansion where we are seeing real growth in new client acquisition and subsequently an increase in workload in the Dispute Resolution Team. We are looking to add solicitors to the team to provide quality dispute resolution services to all sizes and types of business across varying sectors including shareholder disputes, professional negligence, contract disputes, commercial property disputes, boundary disputes, contentious probate, landlord and tenant, insolvency, business to business trading issues and more.
Your role will mainly comprise of:
- Dealing with a varied range of commercial dispute resolution matters from inception to completion
- Managing your own caseload under supervision, whilst also supporting the Head of Dispute Resolution and other senior colleagues on large and more complex cases where required
- Undertaking a diligent review of documentation and legal research
- Preparing detailed advice to clients
- Drafting all legal documentation, including, but not limited to, pleadings, witness statements, letters, offers and settlement agreements
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across the team and the wider firm
- Assisting with the day-to-day support of client queries
- Instructing and briefing counsel and experts
You will be responsible to the Dispute Resolution Team Leader.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- NQ – 4 years’ PQE. Those outside of the prerequisite admission with commercial litigation experience may also be considered.
- Good knowledge of the law and Civil Procedure Rules relating to commercial dispute litigation matters
- A background in Dispute Resolution, Litigation, Commercial Law, Property Litigation and Contentious Probate would be advantageous
- Must be client focused and have excellent client care skills
- Excellent communication, drafting and research skills
- Innovative and critical thinker
- Organised and accurate
- Flexible team player
Based in Burton upon Trent but you may have to on occasion travel to meet clients across the UK.
How to apply
Send a copy of your CV to our Practice Manager, Tracey Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org