Laura started work, as an office junior, straight after leaving school. She developed her legal experience working at a number of law firms, where she acquired a good working knowledge in a range of disciplines. Laura then went on to gain several years’ experience in debt recovery with a national law firm before joining Else in February 2014.
Laura Charles said: “I was delighted to have the opportunity to join such a great law firm. Else has a long-established and well-earned reputation for quick and efficient debt recovery. The team is rightly proud of its 95% success rate from debt collection letters only.”
Such figures speak for themselves, but here is what one of Laura’s clients had to say:
“I recently used Laura’s services to recover a long overdue debt from a former client. She acted with the utmost professionalism and her advice and assistance throughout was invaluable. In an area where is it easy to get lost in the complexities of legal jargon and red tape Laura made the process easy to understand and helped us through it step by step. I feel sure that we would not have reached the successful conclusion we did without her”. Mark Heathcote, Managing Director at ETS Engineering and Project Services.
Chris Else, Managing Partner commented “I am very happy that Laura has taken on this important role. Laura has rapidly grown into the role, effectively and efficiently taking the needed legal action to rapidly recover debts and even giving advice to the credit controllers of blue-chip companies at roundtable debates.
Else Solicitors started as a debt recovery firm and this remains a cornerstone of our practice. Many businesses are frustrated by late and bad debt. I know that Laura will make a great Head of Debt Recovery and she and her dedicated team will ensure that they get paid quickly”.
The Else Debt Recovery team help businesses from sole traders up to major international companies to collect their late and bad debt.
We help you by:
- Collecting your late and bad debts quickly and professionally whenever possible and in the case of most Business-to-Business debts at no cost to you
- injecting more cash into your business by chasing up old debts that you have given up on
- Discovering why customers have not paid and put in processes to avoid repetition
- Helping you to maintain your business relationship with late payers as we are an independent third party chasing them for paymentLaura commented “I am looking forward to leading the team and supporting more clients by helping them to improve their credit control procedures and reduce their late and bad debt by taking the appropriate action whether this is a timely debt collection letter or pursuing the matter through the Court.”Outside of work, Laura is kept busy looking after her ten-year old but manages to fit in netball, the gym and participating in charity events like Race for Life.Laura has been the acting Head of Debt Recovery, while Rachel Greenway has been on maternity leave. Rachel will be returning to Else on a part time basis so that she can spend time with her new family. We look forward to Rachel returning and are delighted that Laura has taken on this important full-time role.
- Else also offers you a unique risk reduction service in that we will distinguish the “can’t pays” from the “won’t pays” before pursuing the debt through the small claims court or handing the matter over to our experienced commercial dispute team.