Andy Rudkin is Partner – Head of Dispute Resolution at Else Solicitors in Burton on Trent.
He joined Else from a top UK law firm in Kent, specialising in all areas of commercial litigation.
Andy has considerable experience in all areas of commercial and property litigation, including commercial contract disputes, disputes concerning partners/directors/shareholders, disputes arising out of intellectual property rights, landlord and tenant disputes, boundary disputes including adverse possession, and injunctive relief proceedings.
Andy also regularly advises on all areas of corporate and personal insolvency litigation, including claims concerning beneficial interests of assets, director’s misfeasance, wrongful trading and preference claims.
Andy’s most notable work includes:
- Assisting a client in defending a claim surrounding the apportionment of a National Lottery win.
- Successfully obtaining full recovery of all losses and legal costs incurred by a property management agent following unlawful distress of goods by a certified bailiff.
- Advising a partner of a law firm on their options following the fundamental breach of fiduciary duties by fellow partners in a Limited Liability Partnership.
- The successful resolution of a commercial contract claim in excess of £100k through mediation.
- Successfully obtaining an order for the sale of a third party asset, and recovery of fees due from a customer of garage premises under the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977.
- Defending a claim by a neighbour for an order for demolition of an extension erected upon a disputed boundary line.
Andy’s key services include:
- Advising on debt recovery options.
- Pursuing or defending commercial disputes, including the issue of the County Court or High Court proceedings.
- Pursuing or defending property disputes.
- Advising on commercial settlements, including mediation and without prejudice meetings.
- Pursuit of professional negligence claims against professional advisers.
- Advising clients on insolvency options, both pre and post insolvency.
Andy is a very keen sportsman and enjoys watching football, rugby and golf. Andy can regularly be found ‘hacking’ his way around the golf course, and on occasion can be encouraged to dust off the boots and play a ‘friendly’ game of football. Otherwise Andy enjoys spending time walking his dog and listening to music.