Louise has considerable experience in all areas of commercial and property litigation, including:
- Professional Negligence including claims against solicitors, accountants and surveyors;
- Property Litigation including all types of residential and commercial Landlord and Tenant disputes, beneficial interest claims, adverse possession and boundary disputes;
- Insolvency Litigation involving acting for trustees and liquidators in the recovery of assets;
- General commercial litigation including contract disputes, company disputes and debt recovery;
- False Imprisonment – Including claims for wrongful arrest, malicious prosecution and unlawful detention. Louise has particular experience dealing with claims under the Immigration Act 1971 where the Claimant has been detained pending deportation from the UK; and
- Contentious Probate disputes.
Louise’s key services include:
- Advising on debt recovery options;
- Pursuing or defending commercial disputes, including the issue of the County Court or High Court proceedings;
- Pursuing or defending property disputes;
- Advising on commercial settlements, including mediation and without prejudice meetings;
- Pursuit of professional negligence claims against professional advisers;
- Advising clients on insolvency options, both pre and post insolvency.
Louise’s most notable work includes:
- Successfully pursuing an environmental search provider in respect of a negligent Environmental Search;
- Advising upon professional negligence claims where a third party action is also pursued or defended at the same time;
- Successfully settling a TLATA claim worth around £300,000 at mediation;
- Advising upon a nuisance claim in respect of a Footballs club’s Training Academy;
- Settling a claim against the UK Border Agency for damages for false imprisonment in excess of £50,000; and
- Obtaining a court order for a Trustee in Bankruptcy in respect of land situated in India.
Louise is a very keen traveler and also loves to cook different types of food including Indian and Thai.