Susan joined Else Solicitors in 2017 following 12 years with a range of Legal 500 National Law firms, primarily focusing on civil litigation. She has developed a particular expertise in residential landlord and tenant litigation, covering all areas of residential housing management.
Susan has acted for a wide range of private and corporate landlords, local authorities and housing associations across the country, in a variety of residential housing management matters. She has experience of successfully pursuing and defending claims on behalf of landlords in both the County Court and the High Court. Susan regularly provides training to her clients on a variety of housing management issues.
Susan’s key services include:-
- Pursuing possession proceedings on behalf of residential landlords in relation to ASTs, assured tenancies and secure tenancies
- Obtaining injunctions against tenants in relation to anti-social behaviour or in order to gain access to a property
- Pursuing committal proceedings against tenants for breaching injunctions
- Defending disrepair and personal injury claims brought by residential tenants
- Acting on behalf of clients in relation to property damage claims and recovery matters
- Advising on allocations policies
- Advising on and drafting tenancy agreements and licences
- Advising on Rent Act tenancies
Susan’s most notable work includes:
- Successfully defending a disrepair claim in the High Court on behalf of a local authority, whereby the application of the legal principle of res judicata was held to be in the public interest
- Advising HNW individuals on tenancy agreements and licencing agreements
- Securing vacant possession against a large number of sitting tenants following a corporate client’s purchase of around 100 properties.
When Susan isn’t chasing after her two small children, she enjoys travelling, reading and teaching herself Spanish.