Stephen’s key services include:
- Contract disputes
- Professional negligence
- Employment cases
- Property disputes
- Landlord & Tenant disputes
- Company and Partnership disputes
- Contentious probate disputes
- Trust cases
- Consumer disputes
Stephen’s most notable work includes:
- Successful petition to wind up company for a minority shareholder ousted from involvement in the companies affairs.
- Setting aside dispositions in a will for lack of testamentary capacity.
- Recovering assets belonging to the estate wrongly appropriated by family members during the lifetime of a deceased person.
- Holding beneficiaries and executors to account for actions and assets that they have handled in relation to the estate.
- Claims under the Inheritance (Family and Defendants) Act 1975.
- Successful tracing of assets dissipated from a trust fund.
- Successful mediation of a substantial piece of litigation arising out of damages suffered by a business due to computer installation of a system that was no fit for purpose and in breach of tender.
- Dissolving a partnership and the taking of accounts and inquiries in a restaurant business.
- Breach of contract case concerning the manufacture of aluminium pipes which fractured when used in a gas installation overseas.
- Successful negligence action against several firms of solicitors for their handling of a personal injury case with substantial missed opportunity damages recovered.
- Successful litigation concerning an infringement of a right of way involving an action for a declaration as to the land owners rights of title and an injunction to end the trespass.
- Successfully pursuing a constructive and unfair dismissal claim in a Tribunal and recovering fairly substantial damages and costs because of the employer’s unreasonable conduct in relation to the claim by way of settlement of the action.
- Dealing with a claim against insurers for their refusal to indemnify on a policy of insurance for damage caused to property.
Steve likes sport and enjoys watching football, rugby league and cricket and taking his son who is an Aston Villa supporter to watch them play whenever he can. Steve also runs a junior football team who play in the Central Warwickshire league which with training and matches takes up most of his spare time during the season. Steve also enjoys walking with his family and dog and has undertaken a number of long distance walks including the Coast to Coast and Offa’s Dyke.