Debt Recovery: Why Else?
Else Solicitors will:
- Minimise the frustration and worry caused by late payers
- Help inject more cash into your business by chasing up old debts that you have given up on.
- Find out why customers have not paid and put in processes to avoid repetition.
- Trace your debtors
- Collect your late and bad debts quickly and professionally whenever possible and in the case of most Business-to-Business debts for free*
- Negotiate payment terms
- Help you to maintain your business relationship with late payers as we are an independent third party chasing them for payment
- Experienced commercial dispute team when you need to resort to mediation or the Court-
- Unique risk reduction service – we will sort the “can’t pay” from the “won’t pay” before you take legal action
- Provide a professional third party effect
- Sort out your debt collection situation and look at other ways that we can add value to your company
- Take time to understand your business processes and requirements.
You can relax knowing that we have:
- Experience in credit management
- An impressive 95% success rate using only debt collection letters
- One of the highest debt recovery rates in the industry
- Many well-known corporate clients who use us to manage all their late and bad debt
- Flexible approach to fees based upon making the debtor pay and a “no collection- no charge” policy option if required
- An enviable reputation for always going the extra mile and offering a personal, jargon free service.
As an MD, CEO or CFO, the last thing you want to waste your valuable time and attention on is late or bad debt. You need to be focused on growing the business.
We all know that it’s a waste of time having accounts chase it up. If they could have collected the money, then the invoice would have been paid by now.
The good news is that you can get many of your commercial (Business-to-Business) debts collected at no cost provided you act quickly. We add our fee onto your debtor’s invoice as covered by the European Directive 2011/7/EU which came into force on 16th March 2013.
We will add the appropriate late payment (commercial debts only) to their invoice:
Less than £1,000 £40
£1,000- £10,000 £70
Over £10,000 £100
Else will also add on statutory interest which is currently 8% pa for commercial debts.
The complete debt recovery process starts by minimising your amount of late and bad debt through good credit control. Here are the key steps in this end-to-end process:
1. Credit control – the best way to minimise late and bad debt is by putting in place effective terms and conditions and having a rigorous credit control process.
2. Your billing process – this is a key part of credit control – invoice your clients on the day of delivery. Don’t wait. We will advise you on best practice.
3. Debt collection letter – this is the step before legal action. Else collect 95% of debts at this point.
4. Issue Court proceedings – if our series of letters is unsuccessful and they can pay the debt then we issue a County Court Claim and take the needed legal action.
5. Apply for a CCJ – If the proceedings are not acknowledged or defended then we will apply for a County Court Judgment.
6. Enforcement – The final step is enforcement of the judgement which can be done as required such as winding up limited companies, bankruptcy, charges against property, attachment of earnings order etc.
“I have used Else’s debt collection services several times. I have found the experience to be great and would highly recommend them.”
What We Do Best
Else Solicitors has a long standing reputation as the debt recovery solicitors. We work hard to ensure that you get paid whether this is through rigorous credit control, debt collection letters or legal action. Debt recovery is one of the things we do best and we can collect late and even “old and abandoned” debts on your behalf.