Steve joined Else after spending over 20 years in law practices in Worcestershire and the West Midlands specialising in dispute resolution particularly High Court litigation.
Steve has extensive experience in a wide variety of civil and commercial litigation cases including employment disputes for individuals and small to medium sized businesses.
Stephen’s most notable work includes:
- Successful petition to wind up company for a minority shareholder ousted from involvement in the companies affairs.
- Setting aside dispositions in a will for lack of testamentary capacity.
- Successful tracing of assets dissipated from a trust fund.
- Successful mediation of a substantial piece of litigation arising out of damages suffered by a business due to computer installation of a system that was no fit for purpose and in breach of tender.
- Dissolving a partnership and the taking of accounts and inquiries in a restaurant business.
- Breach of contract case concerning the manufacture of aluminium pipes which fractured when used in a gas installation overseas.
- Successful negligence action against several firms of solicitors for their handling of a personal injury case with substantial missed opportunity damages recovered.
- Successful litigation concerning an infringement of a right of way involving an action for a declaration as to the land owners rights of title and an injunction to end the trespass.
Stephen’s key services include:
- Landlord & Tenant disputes.
- Property disputes.
- Trust cases.
- Contentious probate disputes.
- Company and Partnership disputes.
- Breach of contract disputes.
- Debt recovery .
- Consumer disputes.
- Professional negligence.
- Employment cases.
Steve is a keen sportsman and enjoys watching football, rugby league and cricket and taking his son who is an Aston Villa supporter to watch them play whenever he can. Steve also runs a junior football team who play in a local league which with training and matches takes up most of his spare time during the season. Steve also enjoys cycling and walking with his family and has undertaken a number of long distance walks including the Coast to Coast and Offa’s Dyke.