Call us on:
01283 526 200
Call us on 0121 393 1720 or 01283 526200

Our Services

Commercial Property Solicitors

Commercial Property Solicitors

Pubs For Sale & Alcohol Licensing

Else Solicitors, have a dedicated team of club and pub lawyers.

We specialise in negotiating pub leases and mortgages, buying and selling pubs, and securing Premises Licenses.

Licensed businesses, including hotels, restaurants, pubs, nightclubs and members’ clubs, have specific needs when it comes to legal advice and support.

Buying and selling licensed premises is a unique practice containing many elements that do not apply to other types of commercial property transactions.

Under the Licensing Act 2003, a Premises Licence is needed for various activities, including the sale of alcohol, late night refreshment and providing entertainment.

Depending on the type of services your business offers you may need to apply for a premises licence, a club premises certificate, personal licences or temporary event notices.

How we can help

Else Solicitors offer expert advice when applying to the relevant authorities for licences. This includes initial applications, transferring or variation of licences, and appealing decisions of licensing committees. We also advise on the buying, selling, leasing, financing and refinancing of all types of commercial licensed premises.

Our commercial property team have years of experience when it comes to negotiating leases and freehold licensed properties, including issues such as ties to a brewery

If you are buying a business in the licensed trade, we will carry out all necessary due diligence and look into the existing licensing arrangements to ensure that your investment is protected.

If you are selling a licensed business, we can put together all the relevant information and documentation about the business in order to increase the chances of an early and smooth sale.

Else Solicitors regularly provide advice on licensing for everything from both one-off events through to the opening of major, new licensed venues. We have acted for pub chains and breweries as well as long-established, family-run enterprises and individual entrepreneurs.

If you would like to speak to a solicitor about pubs for sale, please contact the commercial property team on 01283 526200, alternatively you can send us a message and we will get in touch at a time that suits you.

Property Fraud- Is Your Property at Risk and How Do You Protect It?


Advice article by Felicity Fisher of Else Solicitors explaining types of property fraud and the steps property owners can take to prevent them.

read more

How You Regain Control of Your Land from Travellers


What do you do if you find travellers on your land, for example on a site you have bought for development? Your first reaction is probably to phone the police. However, without a Court order, the police can do little beyond talk to the travellers. The thing you must do is act quickly and apply […]

read more