Possession Proceedings

It can be very stressful when a tenant will not vacate your property at the end of their tenancy or when they have been asked to vacate for breaching a term in the tenancy (such as falling into rental arrears) but refuse to leave.

If you have found yourself in this situation or are wondering what to do should you ever experience this, then rest assured there is a process to re-possess your property again.

You can evict tenants who have an assured shorthold tenancy in compliance with the procedure within Section 21 and/or Section 8 of the Housing Act 1988 and this article will provide you with a brief overview of both procedures.