How we can help
Our expert commercial solicitors in Burton on Trent, consider every term and aspect when drafting shareholder agreements, including:
- Voting rights of minority or majority shareholders.
- Transfer of shares between shareholders or groups of permitted transferees (e.g. spouses, children).
- Exit terms.
- Termination of the shareholders agreement and what happens in the event of bankruptcy or death of shareholders.
- The valuation of shares on a transfer.
- Right of the shareholders to receive additional shares.
- Rights of specific shareholders to purchase additional shares or sell shares on the triggering of certain events or achieving certain conditions.
Because of the complexities of drafting comprehensive shareholders agreement, appropriate advice from our experienced commercial solicitors is a must.
In most cases having such a shareholder agreement is a far more cost effective approach to heading off disputes before they occur. Director or shareholder dispute resolutions are much more difficult and expensive to achieve if there is no contract in place.
Else’s team of specialists identify the most beneficial arrangements for our clients. We will strive to negotiate and agree favourable terms for you.
It is our intention to forge a lasting relationship with all our clients, so we will always be available to help resolve any issues that arise constructively and quickly.
For more detailed legal advice about shareholder agreements, please contact our specialist corporate and commercial solicitors in Burton on Trent on 01283 526200. Alternatively, you can send us a message and we will get in touch at a time that suits you.